Tips of the week 2015-07-06
I have opened this week’s tips with Mike Issac opinion on angel investors, their structure and selection by entrepreneurs. Mark Suster has his own point of view and in some case answer to Issac article. J.D. has written interesting idea how to find your values from inside. There is a new extension for Visual Studio called Refactoring Essentials and I really like all it offers. Microsoft has released interesting open source project for its Power BI which provides high quality data visualization. Another interesting video published from AngularU conference this time TypeScript and Angular 2.0. This week I can’t suggest more then to listen new Hanselminutes podcast about Debugging Windows, it is so awesome.
- Mike Isaac: For Start-Ups, How Many Angels Is Too Many?
- Mark Suster: How Many Angels is the Right Amount for a Startup to Have?
- Carolyn Sun: How to Make Money Online: The Basics
- Brandon Turner: How to Live Rent-Free While Building Your Business
- Mark Suster: Why Taking Some Risks in the Sales Process Can Improve Results
- Joshua Bixby: 4 Reasons Why the Bottom-Up Approach Is a Great Way to Sell SaaS
- J.D.Meier: 3 Practices to Discover Your Values
- Greg Duncan: Refactoring Essentials – Open Source, Cross Platform Refactoring and Analyzers
- Scott Hanselman: VS Refactoring Essentials – Free analyzers and refactoring for Visual Studio 2015
- Kirk Evans: Azure Resource Manager Templates with Visual Studio 2015
- Microsoft Power BI visuals _ project provides high quality data visualization that you can use to extend Power BI. The project contains over 20 visualization types, the framework to run them, and the testing infrastructure that enables you to build high quality visualizations._
- Jonathan Turner: TypeScript and Angular 2.0
- Hanselminutes: #483: Debugging Windows Problems with Mario Hewardt
- Amy Porterfield: #65: Selling Yourself–The Art of a Winning ‘About Page’ with Melissa Cassera
- .NET Rocks: #1162: Developing ASP.NET on Linux with Mark Rendle